Monday, July 13, 2009

My earliest TV memories

I was pretty much only allowed to watch PBS and UHF channels when I was younger.
So i'd leave it on.

The Uncle Floyd Show






I'd sing this (or my 3 year old approximation of it) without the knowledge of who Muggsy is making fun of:




My dad took me to see a broadcast in 1984. I met Oogie and did my "Oogie voice" for Floyd Vivino.

I'd also watch "Alive From Off Center" often.
It was a PBS showcase of avant garde television and performance art.
I'd see "Hey! Cartoons! PBS has cartoons! This is Sesame Street!"











I enjoy how Tim & Eric Awesome Show pretty much lampoon this, taking transitional new-wave aesthetic and juxtapose it with mundane early 90's optimistic materialism . . . the result is this techno-phelliac's pathos.

No comments: